Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Religion that's OUT OF THIS WORLD

We live in a giant universe. Giant. Physicists guess that there is an end to the universe, and basically that there are more stars than you can ever count. But there are also a lot of questions that I think arise in my mind.

First off, I believe that there is no guarantee that we are the only universe. There is also no guarantee that we are not the only universe. But could God have created another universe, or multiple other universe? Are we the only creation of a magnificent being? Because I think it would be ignorant to say that we are the only creation that God has ever made. What would have caused him to do this? THere could be millions of other creations and we don't know. I was reading about string theory today and that's what got me on this track. What if there are a infinite alternate universerses (sorry, i'm not sure what the plural of universe is).


But this also begs the question of whether or not there is more intelligent life out there? What if God created us, but then decided to create other beings. I think it's not totally out of the question. There have been so many isolated incidents over the years, I think extraterrestrial life is definitely possible, although they may not look exactly as Hollywood projects. Angels are definitely another creation of God, I won't be as naive to say that there are not aliens out there.

We claim that God lives outside the confines of time, whereas we are creatures that do have to live within the confines of time. God could have already carried out all of this actions for the next millenia and not even have to be present right now to even do those actions. He could be here now without actually being here now. He could be planning a new creation while we still live out the first.

I think though, Revelation talks about a new kingdom, and one that God would forever dwell in. If we are to believe that this kingdom will forever be the dwelling place of God, that would infer that he would not be with other creations, or that we are the only ones. I think Revelation and how it plays out shows me that we are the only ones. We are it. If we are to forever live with the creator of the Universe it tells me that he has no such plans to recreate as he will have reconciled with his creation. So the only question that lingers in my mind in no way deals with the future, but rather with the past.

Angels are obviously a previous creation of the God. Meaning that he did in fact create something before he created man. this means that other creations are not out of the question. but I think we would have to assume if there are other creatures out there that they are not in the image of God, but that thought comes out inherently selfish. Why  us? Why do we get to be the chosen image bearers of the greatest being in all of time?


Are there any biblical passages that point to life other than our own? I think angels are definitely something that could qualify. But what about ET's?

Do you think God, not only created this universe, but also multiple ones? Physics claims to have the ability to explain and quantify other universe's but science has been wrong before.

Anyways. Just what I've been thinking about today. Writing these things out actually are quite beneficial to thought.

-Joe

No comments:

Post a Comment